KURSEONG COLLEGE LIBRARY RULES
1. The holder of this card will be responsible for all the books issued to him/her.
2. The Borrower Card, if lost, can be issued in duplicate on payment of Rs.50 /-.
3. Books are issued from Monday to Friday. The time of issuing Requisition Slips is 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Books for which requisition is made will be issued to them on next working day from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. But requisition slips for borrowing of books will not be issued on Saturdays.
4. Each Pass course student is entitled to borrow 2(Two) books at a time every day and may borrow total 4 (Four) books.
5. Each Honours course student is entitled to borrow 2 (Two) books at a time every day and may borrow total 6 (Six) books.
6. Book/Books which is/are issued normally for 14 days only but after the expiry of this period, fine shall be charged as stated below.
|For 14 Days||No Fine|
|After 14 to 28 days||Re. 1/- per day per book shall be charged to the total number of books kept overtime.|
|After 28 days||Rs.5/- per day per book shall be charged to the total number of book kept overtime.|
7. Book/Books which is/are issued for long period shall be charged Rs. 5/- as fine per day per book to the total number of books kept overtime.
8. If the due date falls on holiday, the next working day is taken as the due date.
9. If the due date falls in Vacation, or holidays, books can be returned within three days after the opening of the college. Failing which fine for the whole period from the actual due date will be charged.
10. Book/Books will be re-issued which are already issued for 14 days (depending upon the availability). Book/Books which is/are issued for long period shall not be allowed to be re-issued.
11. The old/current issues of magazines/periodicals will be issued to the students for reference use only.
12. Any mutilation or damage done to any library book or periodical, removal of pages or picture from books/periodicals will be considered an action of gross indiscipline and will be liable to serve punishment. Besides, the guilty student will have to replace such book/magazine/periodical.
13. Any damage of book pocket, due date slip or classification and title label will be liable to pay fine of Rs. 10/-.
14. Proper decorum and silence should be maintained in the library.